Birchbox: My experience with Beauty Boxes

   
   
    Happy day Lovely People,
   Finally a post about Beauty!! And you know that I am a completely beauty addicted, as I am a fashion one, but it is usually more easy to me to write about my looks instead of my new products. I think it is because I use to wait to have more than one product to show you on a post and an outfit has more content to develop.
   One of my last beauty obsessions are beauty boxes and I am going to explain to you pros and cons and what were my favs and hates products.
   I only tried Birchbox, I think it is the most popular in Spain, but if you know some good brands, let me know in comments! About prices, it is 10,95€ one month, 32,85€ three months with a 10% discount on their online store and 60€ six months with a 15% discount on their online store. 
   My first box is from January 2017 and I bought… 11 boxes! Hehehe So I think I can have a strong opinion. I haven’t got a monthly subscription; I wait to see what is going to be in the box and to find a good promotion code. If you wait till the 15th of the month, you probably could find special codes that give you an extra free product or, my favorite one, 2x1 with another box for the same price.


   - Pros? You have the opportunity to try new products easily without spending so much money and I have discovered new and awesome brands less known. It has also something not so good, sometimes I fell in love with products that are REALY expensive (like one of my fav I will explain at the end of the post). Another good thing is that make up is full size!! Oh, yes!
   - Cons? Maybe, you don’t like any products you received. It happended to me just once, but it could happened. I hate hand creams and body soaps haha not a deep HATE but I don’t want them in a beauty box so it is so disappointed when I find some of these products in my box. My last cons is that I added to their beauty survey my light and pale skin tone so when they send me a lipstick it is also sooooo light… and I love red! So send me some bright and pop colors, pleeeeease.
   Well, it seems there are more cons haha but these pros make me buy it! These “bad” things just happened to me some times and if I receive, for example, a bath gel there is an awesome concealer that I receive too (as it have happened in my first box of 2018). And, of course, with the 2x1 promotion… 5,47€ each box… please, take my money!!!


   - What are the best products I have received?
1.    Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion.Age defying exfoliator: This is the BEST exfoliator I have ever tried. Just a dream to my skin! It is not so hard or strong, it has the perfect level of exfoliation effect. In the box came a mini-size with 7,5g., the original has 60g. for… ejem… 78€ (I am going to die, here, now) You can buy it in Birchboxwebsite and Sephora.
2.    MeMeMe Eye Line Pencil. It came in full size. I love it because I can have a deep black color all day long and it has a perfect texture to makeup my inner eye and also for eye liner. I have been almost one year using it every day and I still have product. It is 7,20€ and I will buy it again for sure. In MeMeMe website you can find a lot of incredible products I am looking forward to try.
3.    Miss Cop Concealer stick. I use it in Yellow, for purple tones, but there are also Green for red tones and Orange for blue ones. If you have strong dark circles you have to use Orange, for medium dark circles you have to use Yellow and for spots or redness you have to use Green. The best? Its price, just 1,95€, and a soft texture so you can apply it so easy.


   - What are the worst products I have received?
1.    Love Of Color Eyeliner in black: If I use it like a common eye liner, it is so BIG I can’t do a perfect thin line. If I use it like a “shadow”, to create a smokey eye, it is so difficult to blend.
2.    Eyeko. Black Magic Mascara. Drama and Curl: In my opinion… nothing of drama and nothing of curl. It is a simple mascara and it doesn’t do nothing special. I don’t know if my mini-size was so small but I just used it… maybe… 4 times! I was looking forward to try it but I am sure I am not going to buy it doesn’t deserve to spend 23,50€
3.    Lipsticks: As I told, they sent me really light colors, some of them it is like I haven’t got it applied. I received from Pixi, the worst, Manna Kadar in Rosette, perfect texture but it seems almost transparent, and Bellápierre in Burlesque, it is the darkest one but not like I use to wear it. I repeat that it is because of the color I received, maybe you love light and natural lipsticks so you would love them.
   Have you ever tried beauty boxes? Have you ever tried one of these products?
   Lots and lots of kisses,
      E. 💕



    Feliz día Lovely People,
   Por fin os traigo un post sobre Belleza! Como sabréis soy una adicta a los cosméticos, al igual que a la moda, pero normalmente me resulta más fácil escribir sobre mis looks en vez de sobre nuevos productos. No sé, tal vez sea porque para los posts de Bellaza espero a tener varios productos de los que hablar para hacer algo más completo y a un solo look si se le puede sacar mucho más contenido.
   Una de mis obsesiones últimamente son las cajas de belleza y voy a explicaros los pros y contras y cuáles son mis productos favoritos y los que odio.
Sólo he probado Birchbox, creo que es la marca más popular en España, pero si has probado alguna otra marca de cajitas dejámelo saber en comentarios. En cuanto al precio, son 10,95€ la suscripción mensual, 32,85€ trimestral con un 10% de descuento en su tienda online y 60€ la suscripción semestral con un 15% de descuento en la tienda online.
   Mi primera caja fue la de Enero de 2017 y he comprado… 11 cajas! Jajajaja Así que creo que puedo hablar con propiedad sobre el tema. La cuestión es que no tengo una suscripción mensual, lo que hago es esperar a ver qué productos contiene la caja o a encontrar un buen código de descuento. Si esperas hasta mediados de mes, puede que encuentres en la propia web un código para algún producto extra o, mi favorito, un 2x1 con una caja extra por el mismo precio.


   - ¿Pros? Tienes la oportunidad de probar nuevos productos de forma fácil y sin gastar mucho dinero y a su vez, conocer nuevas marcas que no sean tan populares. Algo no tan bueno es que alguna vez me he enamorado de algún producto cuyo precio real es desorbitado (como ocurrió con uno de mis favoritos que mencionaré más adelante). Otro aspecto positivo es que el maquillaje es en tamaño de venta.
   - ¿Contras? Quizás puede que no te guste ningún producto de la caja. Eso sólo me ha ocurrido una vez, la verdad, pero puede ocurrir. Odio las cremas de manos o los geles de baño, a ver no es que los odie a muerte porque obviamente los uso pero no los quiero en una cajita de belleza, así que cuando viene alguno es una decepción. La ventaja es que, como ocurrió en la última caja, venía un gel de baño pero a su vez también venía un corrector de ojeras que me ha encantado así que se ha compensado. Mi último contra es que, cuando rellené la encuesta sobre mi tipo de piel y demás, especifiqué que era bastante clara y ahora sólo me mandan barras de labios de color claro. ¡Con lo que me gustan a mí los colores fuertes! Así que reclamo que me envíen colores fuertes, por favor, me da igual que sea blanquísima de piel, no me gustan los rositas.
Bueno, la verdad es que parece que hay más contras pero los pros me compensan para comprarla. Como he dicho, si algún producto no me gusta, o me viene una crema de manos, hay otro que me flipa. Y, por supuesto, soy fan total del 2x1… 5,47€ por cada caja… ¡de cabeza!


   - ¿Cuáles son los mejores productos que he recibido?
1.    Dr. BrandtMicrodermabrasion. Age defying exfoliante: Es el MEJOR exfoliante que he probado en mi vida. Mi piel se queda de ensueño. No es excesivamente fuerte pero tiene el nivel de exfoliación perfecto. La mini-talla tiene 7,5g. y cunde bastante, el tamaño original son 60g. por… ejem… 78€ (Me muero aquí, ahora, literal) Puedes comprarlo en la web de Birchbox o en Sephora.
2.    MeMeMe Eye LinePencil. Viene en tamaño de venta y me gusta porque mantiene su color durante todo el día. Tiene una textura perfecta para maquillar tanto la línea de agua como delinear el ojo en la parte superior. Y cunde mucho, lo he estado usando durante casi un año y aún me queda bastante. Cuenta 7,20€ y lo compraré de nuevo seguro. En la web de MeMeMe puedes encontrar muchísimos productos con una pinta increíble, estoy deseando probar alguno.
3.    Miss Cop Correctoren stick: Yo uso el Amarillo, para tonos lilas o morados, pero lo hay también en Verde para tonos rojos y Naranja para los azules. Si tienes ojeras muy pronunciadas, el Naranja es tu color. Si no las tienes tan marcadas, el Amarillo, y si lo que quieres es disimular espinillas o rojeces, el tuyo es el Verde. ¿Lo mejor? La textura que se extiende muy fácilmente y el precio, sólo 1,95€


   - ¿Cuáles son los peores productos que he recibido?
1.    Love Of ColorEyeliner en negro: Si lo usas como un eyeliner común, es demasiado grande para un delineado fino perfecto. Si lo usas como una “sombra”, para crear un smokey eye, es demasiado difícil de difuminar.
2.    Eyeko. Black Magic Mascara. Drama and Curl: En mi opinión, ni drama, ni curl. Es una máscara normal y corriente, tirando a que no hace nada especial. No sé si la mini-talla que recibí era muy pequeña pero la cuestión es que la he usado unas… 3 o 4 veces como mucho y ya se ha acabado. Estaba deseando probarla pero estoy segura de que no merece la pena gastarse 23,50€
3.    Barras de labios: Como he dicho antes, ellos siempre me envían colores demasiado claros o neutros, algunos incluso parece que no llevo nada puesto. He recibido de varias marcas como Pixi, el peor, Mann Kadar en Rosette, con un acabado perfecto pero muy rosita casi transparente, y Bellápeirre en Burlesque, es el color más oscuro pero aún así no suelo usar ese tipo de colores. Vuelvo a repetir que están dentro de mis “hates” debido a su color, tal vez si te gustan unos labios naturales estos tonos te encantarían.
   ¿Has probado alguna vez cajitas de belleza? ¿Tienes algunos de estos productos?
   Cientos y cientos de besos,
      E. 💕


4 comentarios:

  1. This is so cute! I love the photos...Birchbox is amazing!!!!
    -Kate // www.classyandkate.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I haven't tried a beauty box in years. But I love how honest you were about the pros and cons of them! You really can't beat the price, and it seems like such a great way to try new products that you usually wouldn't buy for yourself. I would love to see some makeup looks using some of the products you've gotten from these boxes! x

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Kara!!! I have to practise before posting any make up look but I am sure in a future I will do it good to show it hehe
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar

Con la tecnología de Blogger.