My 10-Step Korean Skincare Routine

Happy day Lovely People,
Finally, I bring you my skincare routine! Yiha! Yiha! I really want you to know it because I do the famous korean 10-Step and I know a lot of people have some doubts about it and I am going to try to resolve them all. As you probably know, by reading my posts, I was living one year in South Korea. It was my makeup/skincare paradise. There, I learnt so much about different products I didn’t hear about and how I could get a better skin. I discovered an amazing book that became my skin “holy” manual: “The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin” by Charlotte Cho, a korean girl living in United States. Thanks to this book I learnt about The 10-Step Korean Skincare Routine and I had the necessary steps to my previous routine to develop my own 10-Step. I use a lot of korean products, because I just love them, but as you can imagine, it is not necessary. You can buy korean products in Jolse website, they send it from South Korea with very competitive prices, or look for korean products websites in you country. In Spain, there are specific bran website like Missha or multi-brand websites like Kocochic.
I know… the first thing you are thinking is that you can’t be from afternoon to midnight adding products to your face and you can’t lose so much time. I swear you, and I tell it to you because I’ve timed myself, that I spend 8 minutes with my routine. YES! Just 8 minutes! I do it just at night (not in the mornings) and you have to do some steps, like peeling or mask, just once per week and the last step, sun protection, I do it in the mornings with my BB Cream. You know, I don’t use to receive so much light sun at night hahaha


Now that you know a bit about it, let’s see each step and what product I use:
  1. Double Cleansing. Oil Cleanser: I talked about my oil cleanser and double cleansing in a mini-review on my Instagram. I think cleaning is one of the most important part of a good skincare routine. I noticed such a big difference on my skin since I clean it twice. Have you ever see your cotton dirty after applying toner? This is because you need a deeper cleansing. Because of that, I use as a first step an oil cleanser, in my case “Time Revolution. White Cure. Oil Cleansing Balm” from Missha. You apply it with a soft massage on your skin and take it off with lukewarm water.
  2. Double Cleansing. Water-Based Cleanser: The second step is the typical cleaning product that works mixed with water. In my case, I use a soap bar: “African Black Soap Bar” from Nubian Heritage. I buy it in iHerb using the code FLF080 to save from 5$ to 10$ on my first order.
  3. Exfoliator (1 per week): Like oil cleanser, exfoliator was one of the new products that I added to my routine in order to do the 10 steps. I was subscribed to a beauty box, Birchbox, and I received “Microdermabrasion, age defying exfoliator” from br. brandt. I LOVE it and I do a really good use of it because this tester has 7,5 g. I am been using it for weeks. You just have to use a little amount to get great results, but… BUT… I HATE its price. OMG it costs 78€. Bye, bye, exfoliator! So, please, I need your recommendations for a new one.
  4. Toner: I don’t need to explain what is a toner. Mine is “Green persimmon pore toner” from Innisfree. It is great but I think I need something more strong, it is too soft to me hehe
  5. Essence: The “jewel in the crown” of korean cosmetics, the unknown Essence. I will try to explain it. An essence is a mix between toner and serum. A mix because it has a consistence in the middle of both and also it is made for hydrating and repair deep deep deeeeeeep our skin. How I know what essence I should use? I bought an essence that can fix some problems I worried about but different from the serum effect. I can say I have two serums, each of one with different and good properties, but essence is lighter so you use it before serum. Did you understand? hehehehe Mine is “Green persimmon pore essence” from Innisfree and I got it because it helps tighten and minimize pores (and I have to confess that it works and I prefer the essence than the toner)
  6. Serum: As you probably know, serums are a “magic” concentrate that treat skin concern in the deeper layer of your skin. My serum is completely natural: “Pro-Retaxinol 2.5 Serum” from OzNaturals, with Retinol, Vitamin E, Astaxanthin and Hyaluronic Acid. You can read a mini-review on this post on my Instagram.
  7. Sheet Mask (1 per week): I didn’t like mask. I said to myself that I had to use it more but it was impossible. I don’t like the feeling of add something really heavy and pasty to my skin and later wash it to take it all what was very difficult. Until… I discovered sheet mask. Notice that this kind of mask don’t need to be wash off and they are used after adding all treatment in your skin. I used a lot of brand but korean ones are my fav, from TonyMoly, Skin Food and the SAEM.
  8. Eye Cream: I am looking for the perfect eye cream to me… but it is a complicated mission. Right now, I am using “Midnight Recovery Eye” from Kiehl’s. It looks good but I bought it on Black Friday so I can’t give you a complete opinion about it.  
  9. Moisturizer: If to find the perfect eye cream is complicated, it happens the same with a good cream. It has to work with your skin type and, very important, we don’t have the same skin conditions in every season or over the years. My “Liposomial Anti-Aging Cream” from Viñas Lab has a good story behind. When I started at the University, my skin turned oily and pimples started to appear. I didn’t know what to use since I tried this cream from my grandma, yes… you read it right hehe the traditional cream my grandmother had been using for years and years.  I found the perfect cream to my skin. It isn’t for oily skin but it work perfectly with me and I have been using it for almost ten years.
  10. Sun Protection (mornings): Last step!! And one of the most important. Obviously, I don’t use it at night but I apply a BB Cream every morning, “M Perfect Cover BB Cream” from Missha with SPF42. JUSTADREAM
Wow!! Such a huge post. I am sure you would spend more time reading than applying all these products on your skin. I also would like to write about my nature oils… but don’t worry! I will do it on a future post.
Lots and lots of kisses,
E. 💕



Feliz día Lovely People,
¡Por fin os traigo mi rutina facial! Yihaaa! Yihaaa! Estaba deseando hablaros de ella porque sigo los famosos 10 pasos de la rutina de belleza coreana y sé que algunas personas tienen dudas sobre él así que intentaré resolverlas todas. Como probablemente sepas, al haber leído mis posts, viví durante un año en Corea del Sur. La verdad es que es mi paraíso de maquillaje y cuidado de la piel. Allí, aprendí sobre mucho sobre productos de los que nunca había oído hablar y también sobre cómo tener un piel mejor. Descubrí un libro increíble que se convirtió en mi manual sagrado para la piel: “Secretos de Belleza Coreanos para una Piel Radiante” de Charlotte Cho. La verdad es que la traducción del título del libro al español suena regular pero el libro es increíble, el mejor para el cuidado de la piel que he encontrado hasta ahora. Gracias a este libro aprendí los 10 Pasos de la Rutina Facial Coreana y recopilé los pasos necesarios a mi rutina anterior para crear mis 10 pasos personalizados. Uso muchísimos cosméticos coreanos, porque me encantan, pero como podrás imaginar no es necesario. Existen varias webs en las que comprar productos coreanos. Si no te importa realizar un pedído al extranjero, está la web Jolse, que los envían desde Corea del Sur, con precios realmente competitivos. Aún así, si no te inspira confianza pedir productos a Asia existen webs españolas como Kocochic que venden varias marcas o específicas de marcas como Missha con tienda online.
Lo sé… lo primero que estarás pensando es que no puedes estar toda la tarde hasta medianoche echándote productos y más productos y que no puedes perder tanto tiempo. Te lo juro, y te lo juro porque me he cronometrado, empleo 8 minutos en realizar mi rutina. SÍ! Sólo 8 minutos! La realizo sólo por la noche (no por la mañana) y hay algunos pasos, como el exfoliante o la mascarilla, que son necesario solo una vez a la semana, y otros, como el protector solar, que lo aplico con mi BB Cream por la mañana. Ya sabes, no me suele dar el sol mucho por la noche jajajaja



Bueno, y ahora que sabes un poco más sobre ello, veamos cada paso y qué productos uso:
  1. Doble limpieza. Desmaquillante a base de aceite: Hablé sobre mi limpiador a base de aceite y la doble limpieza en una mini-review que realicé en mi Instagram. Creo que la limpieza es una de las partes más importantes dentro de una buena rutina. He notado un gran cambio en mi piel desde que la limpio dos veces. ¿Alguna vez has visto el algodón sucio después de aplicarte el tónico? Si es así, necesitas añadir la doble limpieza a tu rutina. Como primer paso utilizo “Time Revolution. White Cure. Oil Cleansing Balm” de Missha. Solo tienes que aplicarlo con un suave masaje en tu piel y retirarlo con agua templada.
  2. Doble limpieza. Desmaquillante a base de agua: El segundo paso es el típico producto limpiador que se usa mezclado con agua, ya sea en gel o en pastilla. En mi caso, utilizo una pastilla de jabón: “African Black Soap Bar” de Nubian Heritage. Lo compro en iHerb utilizando el código FLF080 para obtener un descuento de entre 5 a 10 dólares en mi primera compra.
  3. Exfoliante (1 vez a la semana): Al igual que el limpiador a base de aceite, el exfoliante ha sido uno de los nuevos productos que he añadido a mi rutina para llevar a cabo los 10 pasos. Estaba suscrita a una cajita de belleza, Birchbox, y recibí el que uso ahora: “Microdermabrasion, age defying exfoliator” de br. brandt. ME ENCANTA y hago un buen uso de él ya que con solo 7,5g la muestra, cunde muchísimo. Solo es necesario utilizar una pequeña cantidad para obtener resultados, pero… PERO… ODIO EL PRECIO. Dios… vale 78€. Adiós, adiós amado exfoliante. Así que si conoces algún exfoliante que puedas recomendarme te estaría agradecida.
  4. Tónico: No es necesario que explique lo que es un tónico. El mío es “Green persimmon pore toner” de Innisfree. Es bastante bueno pero necesito algo más fuerte, no sé, lo encuentro demasiado suave para mi jeje
  5. Esencia: La joya de la corona de la cosmética coreana, el desconocido Essence. Intentaré explicarlo. Una esencia o essence es una mezcla entre tónico y sérum. Una mezcla porque su consistencia está a caballo entre ambos productos y también está hecho para hidratar y reparar las capas más profundas de la piel. ¿Cómo sé que essence debo usar? Yo he comprado una esencia que pueda resolver algunas de las preocupaciones sobre mi piel pero con propiedades diferentes a la del serum para que se complementen. Podría decir que es como si tuviera dos sérums, cada uno de ellos con diferentes propiedades, pero el essence es más ligero y por ello se usa antes del sérum. ¿Se ha entendido? jajajaja El mío es “Green persimmon pore essence” de Innisfree y lo tengo porque ayuda a minimizar los poros (y tengo que confesar que no es milagroso pero funciona, y también que prefiero el essence que el tónico de la misma línea).
  6. Sérum: Como probablemente sepas, los sérums son concentrados “mágicos” que tratan los problemas de la piel en las capas más profundas. El mío es completamente natural: “Pro-Retaxinol 2.5 Serum” de OzNaturals, with Retinol, Vitamina E, Astaxanthin y Ácido Hialurónico. Puedes leer una mini-review en este post de mi Instagram.
  7. Sheet Mask (1 vez a la semana): Las Sheet Mask son mascarillas que vienen impregnadas en una especie de tela que te colocas sobre la piel con la forma del rostro. Nunca me han gustado las mascarillas. Me decía a mi misma que tenía que comenzar a usarlas más pero era imposible. No me gusta la sensación que deja en la piel el aplicarte algo tan denso y pesado y luego tener que retirarlo con agua lo que con algunas mascarillas se volvía algo complicado. Hasta… hasta que descubrí las Sheet Masks. Este tipo de mascarillas no necesitan la limpieza posterior por lo que el paso se realiza después de habernos aplicado nuestros productos de tratamiento. Utilizo muchas marcas pero las coreanas son mis preferidas, como las de TonyMoly, Skin Food y the SAEM.
  8. Contorno de ojos: Estoy en una permanente búsqueda del contorno de ojos perfecto para mi… pero es una misión complicada. Ahora mismo, estoy utilizando “Midnight Recovery Eye” de Kiehl’s. La verdad es que se ve un buen producto pero lo cierto es que lo compré en el Black Friday y aún no puedo dar una visión general del mismo.
  9. Hidratante: Si es complicado encontrar el contorno de ojos perfecto, ocurre lo mismo con una buena crema. Tiene que funcionar con tu tipo de piel, y muy importante, no tenemos la piel en las mismas condiciones en todas las estaciones del año y con el paso del tiempo. Mi crema es “Liposomial Antienvejecimiento” de Laboratorios Viñas y tiene una curiosa historia detrás. Cuando empecé la universidad, mi piel se volvió grasa y empezaron a salirme granitos. No sabía ni qué hacer ni qué productos usar porque los productos específicos para pieles grasas eran demasiado fuertes. Hasta que probé la crema que usa mi abuela, si… has leído bien, la crema que mi abuela lleva años, años y años usando. Encontré así la hidratante perfecta para mi piel, sin ser específica para pieles grasas pero que con la mía funciona a la perfección, tanto es así que la llevo usando casi diez años.
  10. Protección solar (mañanas): ¡El último paso! Y también uno de los más importantes. Obviamente, no lo uso en mi rutina nocturna pero me aplico mi BB Cream cada mañana, “M Perfect Cover BB Cream” de Missha con factor de protección SPF42. INCREÍBLE.
¡No me lo creo! Vaya pedazo de post, qué largoooo. Estoy segura de que vas a tardar más en leerlo que en aplicarte todos esos productos. También me gustaría hablar de mis aceites naturales… pero que no cunda el pánico, lo haré en un próximo post.
Cientos y cientos de besos,
E. 💕



24 comentarios:

  1. The right skincare is so amazing,
    than kyou for sharing your favorite products.

    take a look at my BLOG and also INSTAGRAM

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I've heard about this Korean routine and I find it interest! I do 8 steps of the 10 (face mask and eye cream) but now I think I will need to try better for my skin hahah. Thanks for sharing your products, as it gives me ideas on what to buy next. I also really love the Missha BB Cream! When I saw your post I reordered a new one in no.23 because 27 was too dark especially for now!

    Kisses!

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Stacey. I am happy you love my post. You do 8 from 10 that is great! I think it is not difficult to use these steps on a routine.
      I use also number 23 of Missha BB Cream but maybe in Summer I will try a darker color.
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  3. I LOVE the magic that Korean skincare gives! UGH I love how there are so many beauty products and it figures because a lot of South Koreans have naturally beautiful skin! I've heard a lot about BB creams to the point where I even bought one recently. 8 minutes to do a skincare routine is worth the years of youth you'll save!

    Sheet masks are not so bad. I didn't like how it felt at first but made it a habit. I mean - as long as you keep yourself busy for however long, you're good to go! Thanks for sharing your routine :).

    exquisitely.me

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I started using Skin79 Pink BB Cream, it is also so good, but now I discovered it and I just love it. I don't like to use foundation because I see it too heavy but BBCream is perfect.
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  4. I've been so excited for this post and it is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your skincare routine. I've always been curious about Korean 10-step routines, and this was such an informative post. I don't think I'll ever have the patience to use 10 products every night, but after reading this I'll be trying to add some new steps in, like the eye cream and essence.

    Have an amazing week love!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Kara!
      My sister told me the same and now she is using the 10-step hahaha I think that maybe some of these steps are not made for everyone, for example eye cream, but when I started doing this routine and now I can't stop.
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  5. omg there are so many products here I want to try!! thanks for sharing :)
    xx
    http://angelebaby.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so so much!
      Let me know if you like them.
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  6. Oooh I'm so interested in reading other people's skin routines - I might try some of these products - the retinol serum seems like something I should try.

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Georgia. Yes! This serum is so good and I really love it because it is completely natural.
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  7. Korean skin care is the best! your routine is flawless to me

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much1 Yes! Korea has the best products.
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  8. Your skincare routine sounds awesome!!
    https://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  9. What a great skincare routine!! I feel very curious about Korean beauty products! I would love to try them!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Andrea.
    Seize your Style

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks Andrea! You have to try them, you will never stop doing it!
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  10. Looks like such interesting products! Have a great start to your week.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Thank you for new products in my Wishlist)
    I`m following your blog with a great pleasure in Google+
    Follow back? Sunny Eri: beauty experience

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you!!
      Love your blog, following you in Google+ and Bloglovin.
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar

Con la tecnología de Blogger.