Wedding Look: Red Pencil Dress by ASOS

Happy day Lovely People,
Last Saturday was S.’s wedding, one of my best friends. We met 17 years ago and music made us connect., being part of a local band for years. I remember so well our first parties and how our mums let us come back home later because we were “watched” by her older sister. Time flies and this January, she and her now-husband told us they would marry in October and what an amazing and emotive event it was!
Many years ago, I say many because maybe it could be nine or ten years ago, on a party, with beers and laughs, I made her a promise: “I will let you choose my dress color on your wedding day” and we were all the night making jokes about it because she was single and we were maybe… eighteen or nineteen years old. That was one of the first questions I asked her that cold and rainy afternoon of January: “What color?” and she answered: “Red” and we started laughing of excitement while all our friends couldn’t understand anything.
I spent days and days looking for the perfect dress to wear. I love ASOS so I was looking on their website all the red dresses available. I first ordered this no words Jarlo maxi dress called Helena but its deep sweetheart neckline didn’t work with me (girls with big bra size have that kind of "problems") so I decided to return it. But a boring afternoon while I waste my time with my laptop I found the perfect dress: an ASOS pencil dress with bardot neckline.
About my accessories… I went to a local florist and they made my the perfect handmade floral headband with a beautiful sheer mest veil. You saw my clutch and earring on my last wedding post, they are from Sfera. And finally, my loved Michael Kors Flex Pump heels, on nickel color, that I showed you on my last Haul post.
It was a dream day. We celebrate the wedding outside on a cottage in the middle of the countryside surrounded by nothing except us and beautiful views and with this unbelievably warm weather in October, some of the guests get “red” by the strong sunlight hehe
In a nutshell, my friends and I had a memorable day full of love and good moments. Hope you like my outfit! It is the last of three weddings I had this year. Do you have a wedding soon? Let me know what is going to be your outfit!
Lots and lots of kisses,
E. 💕

Feliz día Lovely People,
El pasado Sábado fue la boda de S., una de mis mejores amigas. Nos conocimos hace 17 años y la música nos unió, siendo parte de la banda local durante años. Aún recuerdo muy bien nuestras primeras fiestas y cómo nuestras madres nos dejaban volver tarde a casa porque su hermana mayor nos vigilaba. El tiempo vuela y este Enero, ella y su ahora marido nos contaron que se casarían en Octubre y ¡qué día tan increíble y emotivo fue!
Hace muchos años, y cuando digo muchos puede que sean nueve o diez, en una fiesta, con cervezas y risas de por medio, le hice a S. una promesa: “Cuando te cases te dejaré elegir el color del vestido que lleve” y estuvimos toda la noche haciendo bromas sobre ello ya que ella estaba soltera y tendríamos uno… diecipico años. Y esa fue una de las primeras preguntas que le hice esa fría y lluviosa tarde de Enero: “¿De qué color?”. “Rojo”, respondió ella y empezamos a reírnos de la emoción mientras todo nuestros amigos nos miraban sin entender absolutamente nada.
Pasé días y días buscando el vestido perfecto. Me encanta ASOS así que comencé buscando en su web todos los vestidos rojos disponibles. El primer vestido que pedí fue este asombroso maxi vestido de Jarlo pero su gran escote en forma de corazón no terminaba de convencerme del todo (las chicas con una talla de sujetador más grande de lo común solemos tener este tipo de “problemillas”) así que decidí devolverlo y una aburrida tarde mientras perdía el tiempo con mi portátil encontré el vestido perfecto: un vestido con forma de lápiz y escote bardot de ASOS.
En cuanto a mis accesorios… fui a una floristería de mi pueblo y me hicieron a mano ésta diadema de flores con una bonita redecilla. El bolso y los pendientes seguramente lo vieras en mi último look de boda, ambos son de Sfera. Y para cerrar el outfit, mis adoradosamadosmeencantan tacones de Michael Kors color Níquel, que también te sonarán de mi último Haul.
Fue un día de ensueño. Celebramos la boda al aire libre en un cortijo en medio del campo rodeado de absolutamente nada excepto nosotros y las bonitas vistas y con un tiempo increíblemente cálido para ser Octubre, incluso algunos de los invitados se quemaron con el sol jeje
En fin, mis amigo y yo tuvimos un día inolvidable, lleno de amor y buenos momentos. ¡Espero que os guste mi look! Esta es la última boda de las tres que he tenido este año. Y tú, ¿tienes alguna boda próximamente? Enséñame que te vas a poner.
Cientos y cientos de besos,
E. 💕






Shop the look!

27 comentarios:

  1. such a cute story!! love your dress
    xx
    http://angelebaby.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You look so pretty! Love the detail on your dress.
    x

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Love a good ASOS find! So pretty.
    Angie
    http://www.thefashionfuse.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  4. aw what a beautiful story and a very beautiful outfit too! xx
    Coco Bella Blog

    ResponderEliminar
  5. No sé si se ha publicado mi anterior post.
    Decía que me ha gustado mucho el look sobretodo el tocado, me parece precioso
    Petons

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Muchas gracias guapíasima!! La chica de la floristería a la que voy tiene unas manos... hace unos tocado increíbles.
      Un besito,
      E.

      Eliminar
  6. Dresses like this makes me wish I have small boobs because I've got to wear strapless bra with em. This is a gorgeous dress and you look amazing in it. I love it a lot!!

    https://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much! I was complaining a bit because I couldn't wear a deep v neck I liked hehe
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  7. This read dress is stunning and I absolutely love the colourful flowers in your hair!

    Heather xx
    https://www.hefafa.me.uk

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Heather!
      I felt in love with that headband too.
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  8. Beautiful dress, beautiful views, weddings are always fun!
    www.fashiontrendforward.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Annette! Yes, weddings are a incredible event hehe
      Kisses,
      E.

      Eliminar
  9. Thank you so much. You are always so kind.
    Kisses,
    E.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. The story of your friendship is so cute! And that red dress looks gorgeous on you. I always love your style x

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net/

    ResponderEliminar
  11. You can never go wrong with red.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q/featured

    ResponderEliminar

Con la tecnología de Blogger.